Blueberry Avocado Salsa Recipe:
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 ripe avocado, diced
1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1 small jalapeño pepper, seeds removed and finely minced (adjust to taste)
Juice of 1 lime
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Wash the blueberries and remove any stems. Place them in a mixing bowl.
2. Dice the ripe avocado and add it to the bowl with the blueberries.
3. Chop finely the red onion and cilantro, then add them to the bowl as well.
4. If you like a bit of heat, finely mince the jalapeño pepper (remove the seeds for less heat) and add it to the other ingredients in the bowl.
5. Squeeze the juice of one lime over the mixture. The lime juice adds a zesty and tangy flavour that compliments the sweetness of the blueberries and the creaminess of the avocado.
6. Season the salsa with salt and pepper to taste. Add a pinch of salt and a dash of pepper, then adjust according to your preference.
7. Gently toss all the ingredients together until they are well combined. Be careful not to mash the avocado; you want it to remain in chunks.
8. Once everything is mixed, refrigerate the salsa for about 30 minutes to allow the flavours to melt together.
9. Serve your blueberry avocado salsa with tortilla chips, as a topping for grilled chicken or fish, or as a refreshing side dish.
Incorporating blueberry avocado salsa into your diet not only satisfies your taste buds with a refreshing and vibrant combination but also provides a nutritional boost. Blueberry and avocado are great fruits that boost the immune system and can help reduce belly fat. The antioxidants from blueberries and the heart-healthy fats from avocados make this salsa a delicious and nutritious addition to your meals. Enjoy the benefits of these super foods in a delightful and easy-to-make dish that can elevate your culinary experience.